Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mid August already!!!

Miss Julia, the frequent flyer queen!

The summer is flying by at an amazing pace. We are still in Portland for another 6 weeks or so. The weather has gone from cool to broiling hot to cool and supposed to go back to over 100 for at least one day this coming week. Things in the park are still going pretty strong, but looking ahead at the reservation list, it's slowing down. After Labor Day it will take a big dive in business due to school starting again.

Speaking of school starting - Julia, our granddaughter, is starting kindergarten in one week. I think she's going to have a great time but we are still trying to adjust to the fact that she's almost five years old. She has travelled so much in her young life - several times back and forth to Hawaii, Connecticut, Missouri, Oregon, California, Yellowstone National Park and states in between, Colorado and I'm sure I've left some out. She's racked up more airline miles than I have!! Her latest thing is that when she grows up she wants to marry her daddy and be just like her mommy. How long do you think that will last? I tell them both to appreciate that sentiment as long as possible.

Donna's new Kindle e-reader should be here in the next couple of days. For those who don't know, I've wanted an e-reader for years and finally have made the leap. Now I can carry as many books as I want in an 11 ounce "book" and read to my heart's content. Everyone I've talked to that has one has been happy with it and I'm looking forward to being added to that group. If my eyes get tired, it'll even read to me! What a deal!!

Tom is still working on projects around the rig. It seems there are always projects to be done. He has an unending list. If he ever finished it, he would be lost. The latest was putting new valves on the gray and black tanks. I wouldn't even know where to start, but he just took the new valves and went to it. Both the truck and the rig are waxed and look great. What a guy!

It's off to water aerobics and on to another day. We are dreading the day the close the pool as the water aerobics has been the best consistent exercise we ever do. Our plans are to continue them where ever we have a pool.

No comments: