Deer Near Roadway Near Ft. Davis at Dusk
Our New Combination Desk and Dining TableFriday, we arrived in Ft. Davis at the Davis State Park for a two night stay. We went to the McDonald Observatory Friday evening for the "Star Gazing Party". It started at 9:00 pm - which is late for us. We went outside to an amphitheater and sat around on benches. The narrator of the program showed us stars, planets and constellations. It was very interesting, but cold. If any of you are planning on going there, be sure to wear warm coats, hats, gloves and take a blanket for the bench because it's stone and very cold. Also, be very sure you have a flashlight for going to the parking lot. Here's what happened to us - as we walked to the parking lot we realized how dark it was but thought we were doing okay. Suddenly, I hit a curb and down I went. I didn't have time to even catch myself, so landed pretty much full front. Since my breastbone sticks out now, it was hit the hardest. I thought I'd really messed up my face and broken my glasses, but all was well there. Tom and a kind stranger managed to get me up. I couldn't lever myself because the ground was covered with goatheads. I was pretty miserable for a couple of days, but am fine now. Just remember - TAKE A FLASHLIGHT.
On our way to the observatory we finally saw some Javelinas. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't get his camera quick enough to take a picture. They are ugly things though. We also saw a lot of deer.
Saturday, we took a drive around the park - it's beautiful and I highly recommend it. Then in the afternoon, Tom went to see Ft. Davis (the actual fort). He really enjoyed it.
Sunday, we traveled to Artesia, NM, where we stayed at an Escapee park and had a great Sunday Easter Dinner with the people there. They treated us like royalty and it was so much fun.
Monday we traveled to Moriarty to get our new desk/table. They brought it over this morning and it's gorgeous. Picture above. So we don't know how long we'll be here because we have a few things to get taken care of on the rig. Happy travels to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment