Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back on the road - again



Julia and Her Mom Beth at Playground After Mother's Day Lunch!

Mother's Day was so special this year as I was able to spend it with Beth and Julia. It's the first time I've spent Mother's Day with Julia and the first in many years with Beth. We had a great day spending family time. We even let the men join us! I had a sleepover with Julia - I didn't get a lot of sleep, but she was happy. In the morning we went back to our 5th wheel to let Mommy and Daddy sleep in a bit - we were up at 6:30 am. We waited for Beth to get up and finally at about 9:15 we couldn't stand it any longer, so we took her presents and went to see her. We had a good time opening presents and oohing and ahing before everyone got ready to go to dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Clear Lake Oaks that Tom and I had discovered on our way to Ukiah. It was a beautiful drive, a wonderful dinner and Julia even got to play in a park by the lake on the way home. We also bought fresh strawberries from a roadside stand and had strawberry shortcake for dessert! All in all, one of my best Mother's Days. Now, we're in Crescent City, CA, after leaving Ukiah yesterday and we'll be in Portland early tomorrow. It was a gorgeous drive yesterday up the coast even though it was quite windy - as in the wind blew and road is very winding! Today we'll travel throught the Redwood Forest some more before hitting I-5 toward Portland. We're looking forward to starting our summer jobs and seeing family and friends again.

No comments: