While Ms. Donna is having fun spending time with Beth and Ms. Julia, our GD, in Ukiah, CA, for a couple of weeks, I decided to do a post! In Donna’s absence, I’m trying to maintain some sense of reasonableness in my life, so I decided to take a class offered by the state of CA, supported by their coffers. Yes...that means free for me! The class gives us the basics on how to respond to emergencies. Stuff like, medical issues, earthquakes, fire, hurricanes, tornado, flooding and yes, even terrorism! While this doesn't make us experts, we are able to support the experts in a disasterus event. In these hard economic times, having a lot of true professionals available to assist is not realistic, hence the CERT team. CERT stands for
Community
Emergency
Response
Team. We make initial assessments of emergency situations and relay this info to the professionals in their field of expertise. This course is 24 classroom hours and quite rigorous. Here are a few pix of our training. I’m having lots of fun and hopefully learning how to be a part of the solution and not
the problem in event of a crisis!!!



CERT Training!
3 comments:
Looks like you learned a lot. Hope you never have to use it- that would be scary.
Wow..good for you! Now you can be my expert on two failing bodies...Lee's and the rig's!!
Seriously, I think it is great what you are doing.
Unhand that woman, Sir!
Post a Comment