

Not much going on here, but wanted to report that "Molly" (seen in photos a few posts back) is sitting on her eggs in a bush on our site. I've been taking care of her by feeding her cracked corn and water daily. She is a beautiful duck. I hope those eggs are fertile and hatch out. It's fun to watch nature at work. The mother usually walks the babies to the pond within 2 hours after hatching!! Then she teaches them to swim and and the very next day she takes them to the lake a couple miles away. Some of the ducks don't make it for one reason or the other but most do. Its amazing to watch these guys do their thing. Stay tuned for progress reports.
1 comment:
I am quite excitd to watch this in progress!! Make sure you keep the photos coming!
Post a Comment