Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Windy in Hemet Town!




Hemet is a south Californian town that is surrounded with mountains and usually is free from the winds. Many towns around us have normally breezy winds, especially during the day. The weather man always predict winds, but seldom do they come. But last night, today and tomorrow is different. The winds came in last night and shook the rig most of the night. This AM it calmed down a bit and we went to our weight class, had breakfast out and the winds hit big time about 9:30AM. Three electrical poles about 2 blocks away went down and we lost electricity for about 8 hours today. Donna and I went to aid in the shut in and elderly taking food and just generally supporting. Most of these folks are alone and get scared with weather issues. As you can see by the pix the dust and sand is a big problem. Here's a little video clip I took this morning from the rig.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Dear Tom and Donna, You just might be a lifesaver. We will start fulltiming in 3 weeks in a 33' Excel and want to install a Whirlpool washer and dryer. I understand from your awesome irv2 post that you have a set. Do the model numbers happen to be WFC7500VW and LDR3822PQ? I want to make sure they will fit before ordering. Thanks so much! Rhonda

Rhonda said...

Dear Tom and Donna, You just might be a lifesaver. We will start fulltiming in 3 weeks in a 33' Excel and want to install a Whirlpool washer and dryer. I understand from your awesome irv2 post that you have a set. Do the model numbers happen to be WFC7500VW and LDR3822PQ? I want to make sure they will fit before ordering. (No need to publish this comment, just didn't know how else to get hold of you.) Thanks so much! Rhonda

Tom and Donna Clapham said...

Yep you got them correct Ronda. Don't forget to install the floor drip pan under the washer, just incase you incur a water leak. It has a drain hose that exits to the outside under the front of the nose of the rig. Good luck and have fun. Chime in to the Excel Owners Forum frequently. rockin'

Rhonda said...

You are my hero! Thanks, Rhonda (sorry for the double post)