Friday, August 8, 2014
La Push, Cape Flattery, and Hoh Rain Forest
Cape Flattery Neah Bay, WA
Hoh Rain Forest, WA
Here we are still on the road in Hoquiam, WA. It's kind of inland but near water (check the map I guess). We spent a week in Port Townsend, went to Whidbey Island, checked out the town, ate in a really questionable but delicious sea food place (Sea J's). I told Tom not to look too closely at anything, but he took pictures anyway. I wouldn't even look in the kitchen. We shared a table with "toothless Bob" who entertained us with stories of his time in Alaska (many years ago) and kept us laughing. Tom checked out the airplane museum and enjoyed it. It was small but well done. One day he went all the way back to Sequim (46 miles) to go to WalMart. He wanted to save money! We checked out the local hardware/general store in Port Angeles on the way west. There were a lot of things but we left with nothing but good memories. Our friends, Paul and Shar, came over to have dinner with us last Sunday. Tom made a great dinner of chicken picatta with pasta and everyone loved it. We were so glad to get to spend another day with them. We aren't going to let another 40 years go by without seeing each other again as we decided none of us will probably last that long! One day we went to Cape Flattery (the northern most point in the lower 48 states). We took a hike that was strenuous but I made it! It led us to a wild and beautiful shoreline. Some people said they had seen whales but we weren't so lucky. The next day we went to the Hoh Rain Forest and took another hike, longer but less strenuous. I am happy to note that the new knee is holding up very well. We've seen mountains, beaches and beautiful trees. I don't think Tom will ever get tired of seeing trees, mountains, beaches and strange things! My brain, however, is getting very confused. Along the way, I've managed to knit some things including a project for the yarn store in Redlands, CA. All in all, it's been an eventful time and there's yet more to come. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment