Tuesday, October 25, 2016
More of San Antonio
Just a quick update. Within a few days, Tom got out his fishing gear and did a few hours on the lake here on the property. Of course, it's a catch and release system which doesn't require a license. I had lots of fun for a few hours. Have been meeting up with old friends and family which is also been fun. Some of my friends are getting old! Ha! Been getting to go to some of my old hunting grounds and food places. Lots of great restaurants for sure. I've forgotten how cheap things are down here (especially compared to CA). Fuel is running about $1.85 a gallon, not bad. It's just plain cheaper down here. I really enjoy grocery shopping especially at HEB. About the only grocery store down here, except Walmart.
I've also been helping cleaning out my sister's garage after 30+ years of collecting. It's going slowly but surely. We are making some headway. We've gone to Gruene, TX pronounced "Green" (part of New Braunfels) which has some great little shops and wonderful restaurants. This little town also has the oldest-still inhabited country dance hall known to mankind. Almost all country entertainers have played there at one time or another. The place is open air and is NOT air conditioned. It does have huge fans that really move the air. Enough for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you are all doing well. We loved San Antonio when we were there.
Post a Comment