We had quite a Cinco De Mayo celebration in the park thanks to our resident Mexican lady named Cookie. She uses that name cause no one can pronounce her real name! Ha. She and all her helpers put on quite a nice festivity for about 75 folks in the park. As you can see by the pix that we had plenty of chow. Since I was doing all the grilling I didn't get as many pix as I would like. I didn't get the carne asada meat, only the chicken. Asada is very thin, well seasoned sirloin tip, quickly grilled and then chopped. Some folks also called flap meat carne asada. Ours was the sirloin. Really good on a couple of small corn tortillas referred to as street tacos. Topped with pico or salsa and you've got a great meal. We had a bit left over which we'll have around Memorial Day! Sounds good to me. Any excuse to eat, drink and party!
No comments:
Post a Comment