Monday, April 27, 2009

Portland, Oregon

The boss is on duty....where's all the happy hours?

2 beautiful camelia bushs on our site!

We're "home sweet home" for the next five months. It's not our actual home, but it sure feels like it. We arrived last Wednesday and were greeted by numerous friends glad to see us back again. We have a beautiful site this year as Tom is Camp Host for the season. We are parked at the front of the park directly across from the pool and club house. Tom started working last Thursday and really enjoys it. He gets to meet a lot of new people and be hospitable. Talk about a perfect job!! I haven't started my new job yet but will probably start this week. Not only do we have a free site and electricity, but I'll be getting a salary! That's going to be different after the last four years of retirement.I will also be volunteering at the store where I was fitted after my surgery. So, it should be a busy, fun summer. Yesterday, as a Mother's Day present, my daughter, Sarah, took me to see "Grease". It was fantastic and Taylor Hicks (former American Idol winner) was in it. We got within about 15 feet of him in the lobby of theater as he was signing autographs. What fun. I couldn't think of a better present. Girls day out is so much fun. Our good friend, Barb Murphy, is coming to visit us this summer and we're already giddy with anticipation. Also, our granddaughter will be coming up at least twice from California. Nothing but fun in our sights. What more could we ask for? The spring here is just gorgeous beyond words! We have been so fortunate this year to have a long spring from Hemet, CA all the way to Portland. Hope this finds all of our family and friends well and happy.

No comments: