Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The last day of June!

The Grotto Meditation Chapel, Portland, OR

The Cave at the Grotto

I can't believe it's already the end of June. It doesn't seem possible that we've been here two and a half months and it's almost July! Our time flies faster each day. Beth and Julia left on Monday and we were sad to see them go. We enjoy them so much and Julia brings something new into our lives every day. As always, we would love to live closer to them but are just grateful they are living on the mainland where we can see them more often.
Tom and I have both been down with summer colds, but although it slows me down a lot, Tom seems to keep on trucking along. He's a tough one for sure. He still loves his job as do I and we find a lot of pleasure in meeting and helping the people in the park. It's surprising how many people have a hard time finding the trash bins! It gives us lots of entertainment.
We haven't been doing much sight seeing since we've been here this year, but I did manage a visit to one of my favorite spots - The Grotto. Beth, Julia and I went last week and wandered around the grounds enjoying the beauty of it all. Julia especially loved the meditation chapel where she could see the city and all the planes flying by. It's a spectacular sight and one that everyone should try and see when in Portland.
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July and we'll catch you all later.

No comments: