Friday, September 24, 2010

End of summer



Donna's Hand Work Crafts

It's officially fall now as of Wednesday, so it's time for the Claphams to head south for the winter. We're leaving the park on October 1 and going first to Ukiah, Ca to see the kids and spend some time with them before we go to Hemet, CA, for our winter stay. Tom has written the last few blogs (can't you tell they're all about food?) so he told me it was time for me to put my two cents worth in! I've been busy all summer with my usual craft things and on my birthday I decided it was time to start a photo gallery of my projects. He suggested I include some here, so there you go.
I've had all my doctor visits for the year and some procedures (colonoscopy) so I'm ready for fun in the sun for the winter. Yesterday, I had a cortisone injection in my knee that's been hurting all summer and expect it will help a lot. I can get back to my water aerobics and walking. It's been too painful this summer to do it. As each year goes by, it seems there is something else that starts to fall apart on me, but at least "I can still drive". There's a joke about that and I always think of it when I hear I have to have another medication or some procedure. It keeps me laughing. The good news is that on October 21, I will be cancer free for two years! Now that's something to really celebrate. Gosh, this has been all about me, hasn't it? Well,Tom has been busy getting ready to hit the road - washing and waxing all the vehicles, re-arranging the storage areas outside the rig, checking tires, etc. He will be well prepared when we go and he definitely has "hitch itch". The road beckons. I'm torn because I love Portland and always am sad to leave it. It's so beautiful here. I don't know how it would be in the winter though. Tom's also been doing a lot of barbecuing and sharing his great food with our friends. They sure appreciate it. They'll miss his cooking for sure. Hope all our family and friends are doing great and look forward to seeing some of you this winter.

No comments: