Monday, August 8, 2011

Ukiah, CA

My time in Reno flew by and I never even took a minute to update the blog! It was a very relaxing four days with a lot of knitting and yarn shopping. Tom will probably have to buy a trailer for me to pull behind the car! Not really, Tom, don't panic. I really enjoyed the time with Mary and Paul (and Bella, of course). They have a beautiful home in the mountains in Reno and what a view. I met some of Mary's knitting friends and even went bar knitting. Bar knitting is when a group goes to a bar (usually a sports bar with food) and has dinner, visits and knits. It was fun. The bar was very small and intimate and the owner obviously enjoys having the group come in. We were treated very well. The food was great too. On Friday, Mary and I headed out for Sacramento and after doing more yarn shopping and having lunch with her daughter, I left for Ukiah.

Now, I'm in Ukiah with Beth's family. She is in the midst of harvesting her garden. Yesterday we canned apple juice, beets, and lemon cucumbers. She has an apple tree that is very prolific. I think today may be the day for applesauce, but I'm waiting for my orders!! It's great fun and we all cool off in the pool after we're finished. Their pool is looking really great and although it's not heated, the weather has kept it warm enough to be comfortable even for me.

Time is flying by - I've been on the road for two weeks already! I'm sure this week will go just as fast. Tom is still staying very busy with his job, visiting his friends in the park, having meals out and cooking for friends, working on the rig, and even giving Tug and good wash and wax job. Busy, busy, busy. I don't think he has time to miss me!! That's good though. I'm glad he's enjoying himself so much.

Off to more adventures.

1 comment:

Lee and Loralie said...

Glad you're having fun...don't forget to post some pictures of that adorable granddaughter!!