Monday, August 19, 2013

More Celebrating of Our Summer Life

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Duwayne, Elvis and Juanita!

We had a very special event this Saturday night in our clubhouse. Our good friends and workampers Duwayne and Juanita celebrated their 65th Wedding Anniversary. That's right 65 years!  We are especially fond of these folks as they have had many health issues in their later years and they have such a great outlook on life. They set a great and positive example of what aging is all about. Their motto is "it's OK to get old and have aches and pains.......but it's not OK to be a PAIN!!! I love it. Anyhow, they also provide our Saturday night "Karoke" in the clubhouse here in the park. And a fine job they do!! Since they do that, we decided to do a little skit for them on their special night! Tom did a little Elvis number which was well received. Donna had some problems with the camera and I did what I could with the video clips. Check it out here Elvis in the Clubhouse. Later on I came back and did a little Chantilly Lace. Boy does that bring back the memories!  We had such a great time. Our activities directors Rita Roo and Tom Cat did such a great job with coordinating this function.

We are winding things up here. It won't be long and we'll be "on the road again", which we are really looking forward to.  More later.

No comments: