Monday, October 7, 2013
Gateway Auto Museum
Well we finally made it to the Gateway Auto Museum in rural western Colorado. The setting here is absolutely magnificent. This collection belongs to John S. Hendricks (net worth $5B) that owns the Discovery Channel. It is not the largest collection, but the iron is second to none. All cars are in perfect condition. Of course, the star car is the one-of-a-kind 1954 Oldsmobile F-88 slated to be the "Olds Corvette" but was canceled. The display was awesome. Unfortunately the display turn table had crapped out the night before I got there. To my Olds buddies, there's also a very nice '53 Fiesta. I'll shut up and let you enjoy the pix. This is only about 1/2 of what I took. If you want more, click on the "exit" at the top of the slideshow and it should take you my picturetrail website. Then click on Gateway Auto Museum Con't. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment