Friday, October 4, 2013
Inside Antelope Canyon - Foot Tour
I took this tour on my own as I don't think Donna is quite ready to take a tour of this nature. But I'm so glad I did. I got some awesome pix, if I do say so myself. I'm gonna let the pix speak for themselves. I put 23 pix in this slideshow but I took over 100. If you want to view more pix, I think you only have to click on the "exit" button at the top of the slideshow and it takes you to my picturetrail website.
Just a little bit of info on this canyon located just outside of Page, AZ. It was created by the runoff of only rainwaters (not lake or spring fed). The rocks eroded away to the point of what it is today. During a heavy rain they say it can get near full and the water speeds up as it passes through and can be very dangerous as you can manage. This canyon was first discovered in 1931 by a 12 year old Navajo girl out for a walk. It was open to the public until 1976 when it as became very popular and famous to tourist. Unfortunately, folks started defacing it and the Navajo Nation took total control since it was on their tribal land. The only way you can experience it is by doing their tour! Marketing at it's finest!!
What a magnificent sight and I highly recommend it you ever get a chance to see it in person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, what awesome pictures ! Those are the kind of places that just take your breath away. So glad you got to experience it. Will certainly put it on my list of things to check out if we get out that way.
Post a Comment